Converting your Garage
If your garage is not in active use, you might want to consider converting it into a usable space. A garage conversion is probably the most cost-effective and easiest way to add space and value to your home. However, most homeowners do not understand how to convert the often-overlooked garage space to match their lifestyle needs. This guide looks at some simple ideas you can adopt when converting your garage space into a convenient part of your home.
4 Top Ideas for Converting your Space
Maximize the space within your home by adopting these simple garage conversion ideas.
Yes! It’s possible to turn your garage into a child-friendly playroom. If your home doesn’t have enough space for the kids to play, consider utilizing the garage space. To do this, you need some new design and décor ideas. Here are some design elements that can help turn a garage into a classic kids playroom:
• Add soft carpeting to the garage floor so that kids can freely run, roll, and play without hurting themselves.
• Paint the interior walls with child-friendly chalkboard paint.
• Additionally, install toy storage areas, a bed, a dressing rail, and a bookshelf.
If you are into artwork, turning your idle garage into an art studio is an excellent way of saving money on renting a studio space. You can design and decorate it to meet your specified needs. Below are some of the design element you may use:
• Install an easy to clean flooring material such as a vinyl floor.
• Add a suitable natural or artificial lighting system.
• Install a drying or display area where you can hang your art to dry and for display purposes.
Get to exercise from the comfort of your home by designing your garage space into your new home gym. Here are some of the tips you can use:
• Install adequate lighting to illuminate the space.
• Utilize the walls to act as storage for sweat towels, weights, skipping ropes, and tension bands.
• Install a workout friendly flooring material.
• Add an entertainment spot to stream workout videos or watch your favorite series as you work out.
Turn your garage into a quiet and cozy office space, and enjoy working from the comfort of your home. To do this, you need to:
• Add decorative and suitable lighting.
• Install wood floor and appropriate furniture for a professional look.
• Upgrade the doors, windows, and roofing for a more defined outlook.
Do not leave your garage space lying idle. Use the ideas above to put it into better use. You may do the garage conversion on your own or hire a professional to convert it for you.
For an updated look, we can install a new garage door.