Guide to Exterior Garage Door Lighting
Outdoor lighting plays a vital role in both safety and splendor, and that is why exterior garage door lightings have diverse application. However, with a long list of outdoor lightings currently on the market, the process of choosing a suitable garage door light can be overwhelming. Follow this all-inclusive guide and explore a wide variety of outdoor lights that will meet your standards.
Benefits of Exterior Garage Door Lighting
• Exterior lighting enhances security by preventing buglers from breaking into your garage.
• The light cast by outdoor lights improves visibility on the surrounding areas and, ultimately, the nearby driveway.
• Garage door lighting improves the aesthetic nature of your home.
How much lighting do you need?
Before you even think about shopping, you must quantify what you are buying. The number of exterior door lights you anticipate using will determine your expenditure. Buying more than you need or fewer than you had budgeted for is costly. But how many garage door lights do you need?
The most appropriate way to answer this question is by counting the number of doors you intend to fix. Using one light per door is recommended because by using fewer lights, you will cut your energy bills. And if you are looking for something appealing and design-oriented, try this;
• Install two lights on each side of a double door. Using multiple lighting systems improves the illumination of the surrounding areas. Furthermore, they create a symmetrical light pattern that is generally beautiful when observed at a distance.
• Two or three garage doors on single house calls for one light per door, and on the bridge that separates the door.
A garage door protects your car from buglers, and therefore, you must add on to the security features by using outdoor lighting. Depending on your security needs, floodlights and spotlights are conventional lighting systems that cast illumination over a vast area; hence you will spot bad guys approaching at a distance. Using these lights compromises your aesthetic standards on increased safety.
Finally, increased safety and aesthetics are two major characteristics found only in garage door lighting.
We have ideas and photos of what to look for, give us a call or click today.