Cost of Installing a new Garage Door
Every homeowner knows that having an attached garage to your home will increase the value substantially; however, did you know that the type of garage door you have determines how much value is being added to your home? There are a variety of garage doors you can install with a price range of a few hundred to around $3000. Here we will discuss the costs of installing a new garage door and the types of garage doors there are.
Types of Garage Doors
Let’s go over the type of garage doors that are available and the typical cost:
- Single tilt-up- The most basic model of garage doors will cost you anywhere from $400-$700.
- Single Roll-up (sectional)- A single pull-down/roll-up model will cost you between $800-$1000.
- Double Roll-up- These are the most common garage doors you will see installed today, and they run between $1200-$2000.
- Solid Wood Custom- This is the high end garage door model and will cost you $2500-$3000 between customization and quality of material.
Make an informed decision
Once you have chosen the type of garage door you want to install there will be other factors that you will need to take into consideration as well.
- Material: From lowest cost to highest you have the option between; vinyl, aluminum, steel, or wood.
- Rewiring: Imperative for safety, by ensuring your wiring is up to code, as well as catching any problematic wires that may be present.
- Resizing your existing garage door opening: If you choose a new garage door that is the same measurements as your current one, this won’t be necessary.
- Upgraded garage door opener: With high-tech options and great safety features, now would be the ideal time upgrade.
- Removal and Disposal of your current garage door and installation of your new one: The technician that comes to install your new garage door will be able to let you know the charge for removal, disposal, and installation of both your new and old garage door.
- Insulation: If you have an attached garage, it will save you in energy costs by having it insulated.
You are now equipped with the information you will need in order to make the most educated decision regarding your new garage door. Now is the time to improve your home and your life.
See the services that we offer here.